In accordance to the guidelines of IT-Act and the X.509 Certificate Policy for India PKI published by Controller of Certifying Authorities, we help in registering 2 classes of Certificates, namely: Class 2 and Class 3. Each class of digital signature certificate is associated with specific security features and corresponds to a specific level of trust.
Type of Certificates
- Sign :The DSC could only be used for Signing a document. (The most popular Certificate) .The most popular usage is signing the PDF file for Tax Returns, MCA and other websites.
- Encrypt : The DSC would be used to Encrypt a document, it is popularly used in tender portal, to help your company encrypt the documents and upload.You could also use the certificate to encrypt and send classified information.We are selling Encrypt certificate as a standalone product as well.
- Sign & Encrypt : You could buy both Sign & Encrypt DSC by using this category.
Classes of Certificates
The IT law allows us three Classes of DSC, however we only sell Class 2 and Class 3 certificates. We are not selling Class 1 Certificates.The difference between Class 2 and Class 3 is verification guidelines.
- Class 2 :This is most popular class of certificates, and most applications would recognize this class of certificates.
- Class 3 : This level of assurance is required generally by Tender portals and some highly sensitive websites.If you opt for class 3 certificate, all applications which are created for Class 2, should be able to recognize your certificates.
Uses of Digital Signature
Digital Signature Certificate for smoother transactions with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs or Registrar of Companies.
A Digital Signature Certificate helps make light work of various transactions related to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, or Registrar of Companies. In addition to saving time, a Digital Signature Certificate also helps secure data.
Under provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000, usage of Digital Signatures on documents submitted in electronic form ensures security and authenticity. Furthermore, companies that file under MCA21 e-Governance program have to use a Digital Signature that identifies the authorized signatory of the company.
A Digital Signature Certificate lets you file your Tax Returns easier and more secure. According to revised provisions under section 44AB of IT Act "E-Filing is mandatory for all the individuals/professionals having an annual gross receipt of INR 25 Lakhs and above, and for business houses with annual turnover of INR 1 Crore and above.
Use of a Digital Signature Certificate is mandatory for e-filing by a certain section of businesses, families, and individuals. For individuals businesses not covered by the latest mandate, a Digital Signature Certificate assures greater convenience while filing tax returns, and greater security during any electronic transactions.
A Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) is essential for companies and organizations that take part or intend to take part in eTendering processes on various Government sites. Besides enabling eTendering which is extremely convenient and transparent, a Digital Signature Certificate also ensures greater security in other online transactions.
Any organisation that is looking to apply for any Government eTender needs to have a Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate registered in the name of a representative who is authorised to submit online offers for e-Tendering applications.
Employee Provident Fund
Now employers in India can use Class 2 Gold or Class 3 Platinum Digital Signature Certificates for submitting their employee PF transfer claim form online.
EPFO has introduced a new system to facilitate online submission of transfer claims by Members with an objective to make the transfer process transparent, efficient and comfortable for your employees. A member has an option to submit his claim either through his present employer or the previous one.