The National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) Standards is today the highest benchmark standard for hospital quality in India. Though developed by the Quality Council of India on the lines of International Accreditation Standards like the JCI, ACHS and the Canadian Hospital Accreditation Standards, the NABH is however seen as a more practical set of Standards, topical and very relevant to India's unique healthcare system requirements.
Within just 2 years of its launch, the Indian Accreditation Standards, the NABH was accepted by ISQUa, the International Society for Quality Assurance in Healthcare, as an International Accreditation on par with the world's best.
Benefits of Organisation
- Accreditation to a health care organization stimulates continuous improvement.
- It enables the organization in demonstrating commitment to quality care and patient safety thereby ensures best clinical outcomes.
- It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
- It raises community confidence in the services provided by the health care organization as services provided by credentialed medical staff.
- An accreditation status also provides marketing advantage in a competitive health care
- Finally, accreditation provides an objective system of empanelment by insurance and other third parties.
NABH currently operates the following accreditation, certification and empanelment programs
- Small Healthcare Organizations
- Blood Banks
- Medical Imaging Services
- Dental Facilities/Dental Clinics
- Allopathic Clinics
- AYUSH Hospitals
- Primary Health Centre
- Clinical Trail (Ethics Committee)
- Panchakarma Clinics
- Eye Care Organization
- Entry Level Hospital
- Entry Level Small Healthcare Organizations
- Entry Level AYUSH Centre
- Entry Level AYUSH Hospital
- Nursing Excellence
- Medical Laboratory Programme
- Emergency Department
- MVTF Empanelment Certification
NABH is the nodal body representing Quality Council of India for conducting assessments of healthcare organizations for empanelment under Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) and Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS).