What is IATF 16949?
IATF 16949:2016 (1st edition) represents an innovative document, given the strong orientation to the customer, with inclusion of a number of consolidated previous customer specific requirements.
TS 16949, in conjunction with ISO 9001, defines the Quality Management System requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products.Automotive-related parts means parts that are actually installed on the vehicle by automotive OEM’s.TS16949 can be applied throughout the automotive supply chain
Who is eligible for IATF 16949:2009 Certification?
The standard is applicable to any organisation that manufactures components, assemblies and parts for supply to the automotive industry. In this context manufacturing is defined as:
The process of making or fabricating production materials, production or service parts, assemblies or heat treatment, welding, painting, plating or other finishing services.
Who is not eligible for TS 16949:2009 Certification?
- Automotive Aftermarket Manufacturers
- Automotive Retailers
- Automotive Repair Centers
- Distribution Centers
How can IATF 16949 help your business?
The automotive industry has long been one of the most efficient and productive sectors within the global economy as a result of quality management techniques. Whether you’re looking to operate internationally or expand locally, certification to the standard provides firm evidence that your management system meets the exact requirements of the automotive sector. IATF 16949 standard is proven to help deliver tangible commercial improvements such as:
- Improved processes and product quality.
- Mitigate risk and improve opportunity management with a greater application of risk-based thinking
- Reduced need for multiple second and third party audits.
- Bring quality and continual improvement to the heart of the organization
- Increased confidence when bidding for global sourcing contracts.
- Improved customer satisfaction through delivery of products that consistently meet customer requirements
- Guaranteed credibility when bidding for global sourcing contracts or expanding business locally.
- Reduction of production variations and improved manufacturing efficiency, impacting the bottom line results positively