What is ISO 14001:2015?—Environmental Management Systems Standard
ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
ISO 14001 will help your organization identify, and systematically reduce, any harmful effects it may have on the environment. By developing processes to lower energy and raw materials use, reduce waste and pollution, and mitigate the risk of emergency situations, your organization will not only be environmentally friendly - it will also be more profitable and efficient.
Increased scrutiny of industry's effects on the environment has made compliance with ISO 14001 exceedingly important.
The ISO 14001 standard specifies a process for the control and the continuous improvement of an organisation’s environmental performance. The management tool enables an organisation to identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products and services; to continuously improve its environmental performance; and, to implement a systematic approach to set and achieve environmental objectives and targets
What benefits will it bring to my business or organization ?
- Increased demand for their services and products through a marketing advantage
- Improving their environmental performance, reducing their environmental impact and controlling environmental risk
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Gain competitive advantage in supply chain design
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
- Retaining environmental knowledge and ensuring information is effectively communicated.
- Lowering business costs through reducing resource consumption and waste production
- Increase stakeholder and customer trust